Airbnb SEO tips
How to get on first page when someone makes a search on Airbnb
Airbnb SEO - how does it work? If you appear on the first page when someone searches for a property on Airbnb you will get more views and bookings. Her are some Airbnb SEO tips to get on the first page when someone make a search for a property.
For mobile friendly version, click here: Airbnb SEO tips
Airbnb SEO tips for higher ranking in search:
Here are some factors that influences your placement in the Airbnb search engine (Airbnb SEO):
Use high quality photos:
- Put at least 20 high resolution pictures on your listing
- Airbnb offers a professional photography service to get Airbnb verified photos. Listings with Airbnb verified photos seem to appear higher in Airbnb search.
Response rate and response time are important
- Another important factor for Airbnb SEO is the response rate. Make sure to answer all inquires as fast as you can. A short response time and a high response rate will boost your listing in Airbnb search.
- The instant booking function will influence your ranking in a positive way. When someone books instantly your response rate will be positively influences - which is turn is an important ranking factor.
- Always keep the Airbnb calender updated.
Profile and description:
- Include a place or landmark in the title of your listing. Repeat the landmark name in the summary and in the detailed description. This will help both Airbnb SEO and search engine SEO.
- Super host listings seem to appear higher in search (not verified)
- Complete your profile and listings, including amenities, home safety and guidebook sections. Completed profiles and listings seem to rank higher among Airbnb listings than other listings
- The price has definately an effect. Check the average price for similar listings in your area and adjust your price accordingly. You can also use the Airbnb pricing tools + the Airbnb host assistant section will give you a better understanding of the market.
- Use correct language without spelling or grammar mistakes. Get a professional to review your Airbnb listing.
Airbnb SEO - reviews, social influence and Google
- The number of times your listing has been added to someones wish list might help your Airbnb listings ranking position.
- Create a link to your listings from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter etc, as social influence may put your listing higher in search both on Airbnb and in search engines such as Google or Bing.
- A large number of reviews and many 5 star reviews are also important factors.
- You can also make your listing visible in external search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines by applying general SEO principles. This will drive traffic to your profile and listings and improve the chance of getting booked.
You can also read our hosting tips and Airbnb SEO tips on our blog
Did you find this information useful? Please like or share with your friends on Facebook :)
Want to know about more free advertising channels?
Every month we're sending out a newsletter with tips to property owners and small rental businesses. If we find more free websites that provids excellent value to small rental businesses, we will send you an update. Join our newsletter by submitting the form below: